The 2021-22 hockey season is shaping up to be our busiest yet, as far as team development goes. Why do teams approach us, and how are we different than others?
Different than other companies, we do not come in with a pre-determined plan without consulting with the coaching staff first, or in a perfect world, watching the team play first. Determining teams’ skill deficiencies in detail, and identifying areas of opportunity must be completed before we hit the ice. Skill limitations are different with every team, especially at different ages/levels.
Our process translates to team improvement through the basic formula of: Breaking down, building, and progressing technical skill + adding team tactics, speed, pressure + execute with team structure! We spend a lot of time on positional skill work with our teams as well.
One of the biggest mistakes we see that coaches make, is adjusting their systems, or attempting to incorporate more systems into their team, when they are not seeing results. Without sufficient fundamental skill, no system or set play in the world will work. So many individual skills and tactics build into unwavering team success! It is so critical that coaches continue to improve individual player skill sets, not just for their own team sake, but each players’ future as well. If you as a coach, commit to developing your players all season, it will lead to wins come playoff time.
* With 2 excellent goaltending coaches at our fingertips, let us look after not only your skill development, but goalie coaching as well! *
WE ARE EXCITED TO BE WORKING WITH THE FOLLOWING ASSOCIATIONS THE UPCOMING 2021/22 SEASON!!!
- Lacombe Minor Hockey Association
- Central Alberta Selects AA Hockey
- Blackfalds Minor Hockey Association
- Wetaskiwin Minor Hockey Association
- Red Deer U16 AAA Northstar Chiefs
- Camrose U18 AA Vikings
- Maskwacis Minor Hockey Association
- Bashaw Minor Hockey Association
- New Sarepta Minor Hockey Association
- Hockey Alberta Coach and Player Development
We are very proud to create, and maintain positive relationships with these associations, players & coaches, to create a learning atmosphere where players are challenged and continually expanding their skill set!