We pride ourselves as “honest and transferrable skill teachers” meaning, we attack the underlying fundamentals of a skill- and from there work towards a game transfer. With our latest partnership with Edge Boss Hockey, you can be assured that not only do we have the expertise and communication skills to get you where you need to go, but also the tools & resources. These allow us to make drills and patterns, as game-like as possible.
It is no secret that the skill development industry is a fast-evolving and innovative business. Our promise is that at CrossIce, we have the cutting-edge knowledge, and will invest more in to you, the player, than anybody else will to teach and apply the material we are improving.
Our skill sessions, camps, and individual player development plans consist of building blocks. Building the foundation is critical, and furthermore not only fixing weaknesses, but teaching players how they can play the game into their assets. Why are players spending hour after hour shooting the puck if they can’t put themselves in a spot to shoot, arrive to spots quick enough, maintain possession while being checked, collect a puck properly to release, adjust to passing angles, or are unable to create space?
Skills that we emphasize as part of our program:
- Elite Edge Control and Separation Speed/Acceleration
- Cuts/Transitions, Changes of Direction and Evasiveness
- Stride Mechanics, Efficiency, and Power
- Pass Delivery & Reception
- Puck Control, Placement, and Protection (good hands is often misrepresented in the skill development industry)
- Body Positioning
- Fakes and Deception
- Shooting and Goal Scoring Tactics
- Play Processing Speed
- Awareness and Puck Intelligence
- Positional-Specific Skills