- Skill transfer to a game environment.
- Developing and preparing players to play at the next level.
- Enhancing leadership skills. Having a positive influence on those around you, and making the rink a fun place to be.
The CrossIce team prides themselves as being teachers, connecting with our players and teams to break-down, acquire, and enhance skill. Finally, it can seamlessly be transitioned into a game environment, which is the ultimate measuring tool! Often times players and coaches are hesitant to step back and work on individual skill and tactics during practices, when often times, it is holding them back. Your team only gets better when the individual players within are getting better. With improved skill sets, you are stocking your teams ‘toolbox’ with more tools. No system or set play in the world will work, if players are unable to execute or utilize fundamental skills within.
TECHNICAL SKILL… TACTICAL SKILL… GAME APPLICATION
DEVELOP AND TRANSFER!
With our latest partnership with Edge Boss Hockey, you can be assured that not only do we have the expertise and development programs to get you where you need to go, but also the tools & resources. Knowing that on-ice equipment must be used in correct applications, we find it very helpful during the process as it allows us to magnify the skill at hand, as well as make progressions somewhat game-like. In other words, it provides us with a lot of variety, and function.
It is no secret that the skill development industry is a fast-evolving and innovative business. Our promise is that at CrossIce, we have the cutting-edge knowledge, and will invest more in to you, than anybody else will, to teach and apply the material we are working on.
Some skills/tactics that we emphasize as part of our program:
- Edge Discovery/Development, Weight Distribution/Balance
- Separation Speed & Acceleration
- Changes of Direction, Transitions, and Deceptive Skating
- Stride Mechanics, Efficiency, and Power
- Checking & Defending- positioning, angling, stick checking, body contact when applicable
- Pass Delivery & Reception
- Puck Control, Placement, and Protection (good hands are often misrepresented in the skill development industry!)
- Fakes and Deception
- Shooting Mechanics and Goal Scoring Tactics
- Play Processing Speed
- Awareness and Game Intelligence
- Positional-Specific Skills
One of our signature services is the use of game video analysis. However, we also love incorporating the use of live video analysis while we work through specialized skill work on the ice- for immediate player feedback, visual learning opportunities, and to break down the issues at hand in great detail! Clips and analysis are then sent to the player to review, upon completion of the skate.